- PHOTO GALLERY: San Jose Earthquakes 1-1 Vancouver Whitecaps
- San Jose Earthquakes scrape 1-1 draw with Vancouver to maintain playoff hopes
- Playoffs still in reach for San Jose Earthquakes ahead of Vancouver clash
- German football tackles societal challenges — then and now
- MOTD: Manchester United 2-1 VfL Wolfsburg
- Villarreal enjoying life as underdogs atop the La Liga table
- Can you see the Red Moon rising?
- San Jose Earthquakes beat RSL 1-0 with late winner to hang onto playoff hopes
- A day to reshape the Premier League title race
- SJ Earthquakes face last chance to resurrect playoff hopes v RSL
MOTD preview- Bayern Munich vs Juventus
Bayern Munich are set to take on Juventus at the Allianz Arena in the stand out tie of the Uefa Champions League Quarterfinals. Both sides won their Group, with Bayern topping Group F ahead of Valencia, BATE Borisov, and Lille, whereas Juve topped Group E ahead of Shakhtar Donestk, Chelsea, and FC Nordsjaelland. Bayern faced Arsenal in the Round of 16, whereas Juve faced a rather easier Celtic side. Juve beat Celtic 3-0 in the first leg , with Claudio Marchisio scoring twice and Mirko Vucinic grabbing a goal. Antonio Conte’s side went on to win the second leg 2-0, with Alessandro Marti Fabio Quagliarella both scoring to give Juve a 5-0 win on aggregate. In the first leg of Bayern’s tie against Arsenal at The Emirates, the German side bagged two first half goals and one second half goal to win 3-1. The second leg was a lot tougher for Bayern though, and Jupp Heynkes side ended up losing 2-0, but progressing to the Quarterfinals through away goals.
The two sides have a completely different styles of play, with Bayern being the more attacking and open side and Juve having a more laid back style. Mario Mandzucic is Bayern’s top scorer so far this season bagging twenty-five goals in all competitions so far, whereas Juve’s top scorer, Sebastian Giovinco, has already scored twenty-eight goal this season. Juve have been on good form winning their last four matches, and scoring seven goals during that period. Bayern on the other hand have been on fantastic form, one win away from claiming the Bundesliga title, with the German side winning all of their last ten Bundesliga matches, and scoring in incredible thirty-four goals during that run. Bayern come of the back of an outstanding 9-2 win over Hamburg SV, with Claudio Pizarro scoring four goals in the match. Juve have yet to lose in this years Champions League, having a nearly perfect record in the competition. Their German opponents have already lost twice in the competition, to BATE Borisov and Arsenal. Whether Bayern lose a third time or not, the match is sure to be exciting, so look out for my full time review, right here on Football Every Day!