- Dirty Sanchez: Wenger set to lose another Weapon from his Arsenal?
- Ibriana Jones: Red Devils of the Lost Ark!
- Chelsea set to win Title at a Kante!
- Leicester face tough choices as losses compile
- The Year of the Roo-ster!
- Marvel at the latest Craven Cottage arrival: Fulham Sign Thanos!
- Wayne Rooney’s goalscoring record is a rare piece of Manchester United history. Take notice.
- MOTD: Ibrahimovic salvages United point against Liverpool
- The Crystal (Palace) Maze!
- Glory Days for Andre Gray!
Italian player to adopt baby abandoned on train
Italian forward Floro Flores learned that a baby had been found in a bag underneath a the seat on a train heading from Naples to Avelino. Flores has downplayed his heroism, but there is no denying that what the 30-year-old did next can easily be hailed as an act of incredible kindness.
While Flores is already a father of three, after hearing of the story the former Udinese player made an inquiry about the newborn before beginning the process of official adopting the child following unrewarding attempts to find the baby, believed to be only “three or four days old.” The Serie A veteran announced his family’s decision to adopt the baby soon after via Twitter.
Flores wrote, in Italian: “After seeing the profile of little Francesco, we followed what our hearts told us. Before being a player, I am a father. I’m certainly not a hero! We are going through the regular procedures.”
Dopo aver visto il piccolo Francesco, abbiamo seguito quello che dettava il cuore.sono padre prima che un calciatore, non certo un eroe!
— Antonio Floro Flores (@FloroFlores83) March 28, 2014
However, while the former Italy Under-21 international may be saintlike off the field, his recent performances have proved he is no marvel on the pitch. Flores, on loan at Sassuolo from Genoa, has made only 13 appearances for his side, which have won just two wins in their last last 18 matches. Sitting second to bottom in the Italian Serie A, Sassuolo will be lucky to avoid relegation to Italy’s second division.
Yet that hasn’t stopped Flores from recently becoming an Adidas sponsor, or adopting the baby he named “Francesco”.